Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I Am Not Who I Use To Be.

Dear Reader,

It's been a while, and I guess life has just gotten the best of me! 

With working two jobs and trying to have a social life, no matter how pathetic it is, I lost sight of how therapeutic writing in this context is!

So let me start off by saying... Thank you if you are reading this, what I have to say in this Blog, every post, not just this one, always means a lot to me :)

Now to the topic...

The other night I was at a discussion group and I decided to go this particular time because the subject of discussion was something I had previously studied. And what is this you may ask... It is Elder Holland's BYU Devotional titled, Remember Lot's Wife. (http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1819&view=2) An amazing address to anyone really, and watch it or read some of it if you haven't already done so! 

In this sunday discussion group, all of the comments I added to the conversation ended up being about change, and it got me thinking about the Past. Oh the whirlwind of past memories. So many good and bad. Whenever I visit home I always feel like I am reverting back to my old ways, that I am going to crumble in the memories of the past and forget my future potential. But I also came to the realization that lots of times I am scared to change, to forgive what has happened in the past, and move forward into the future knowing nothing is ever going to just stay the same. I have changed so much though, I am better than I have ever been before! And that is the change that I choose to accept. 

I am not who I use to be. And I never want to go back. I use to be scared and afraid, alone and sad, but I choose to change. Change doesn't always come easy, but it comes. Change of Heart, Change of Mind, and Change of Spirit. And through our father in Heaven we can learn to accept the change that will make us who we want to be, the person he knows we can be. The best you. Whoever you are!

Love,
Brooke

P.S.- If we learn to embrace change and forgive freely, and life as we know it will be the happier than it ever has been before. I Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment