Dear Reader,
I tell people all the time, "I'm so indecisive!!!", "I can't decide, you decide!", "I don't know what to do" and then... in effect, I end up doing nothing or something I really don't actually want to be doing. And in all honestly, 9 times out of 10, I know exactly what I want! It always just seems out of reach, not realistic, or I am too afraid to say what I really want. WHY?!
Well... for me the answer to that question started with a quote from Christopher Robin. Yes, Whinnie the Pooh's bestest friend :)..."You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" What inspiring words! Now let me give an example of what I am really talking about.
May of 2013 my sister graduated college and is now teaching 5th grade. Her and I have visited home since she started teaching and in a conversation with our mom, she said to my sister, "I don't know why you ever switched majors, ever since you were little you wanted to be a teacher, and now you are, and you love it." I continued by asking, "Mom, what did I want to be when I was younger?" and of course her response was, "Oh I don't know, A MOTHER." This explains so much about me! I love babies, I love kids, I love coaching, cooking, baking, and I have been told more than once that I care about people too much. I was meant to be a mother. And I am so confident about that! But in turn... I haven't started my continued education yet, because what I really want to do is out of reach. It isn't realistic right now. I have recently decided, I just want to do my generals. Where? I don't know yet, but I am confident an education will help me be better prepared to teach my children and be a mother. Because, knowledge is strength.
Now before I can even become a mother, I have to find a companion to spend the rest of my life with. What an intimidating, but exciting thought! Finding that one person to spend time and all eternity with, someone you can't live without. How the heck do I do this?! I don't even have a "type". Where do i start?! And I am happy to tell you that living in Provo, meeting the people have, I have found that answer. I need to start with me. Ha, weird concept, but also very true!
I need to know who I am, what I stand for, and I need to be confident with who I am. And guess what? I am working on it. I can't become super confident over night, no one can. Everyone has doubts and fears and things that hold them back from being their full potential. For me, I have discovered what they are, and I working at breaking them down! I had a bishop once tell me, that Greatness is people being what they are meant to be, and having daily victories. When we get up every morning, we need to say to ourselves, "Look out world, I am up and ready to be great!" Be confident, have daily victory, and I'm not saying everyday will be perfect. We will all goof up, but there is always another day!
Why is it, that in a show for children, comes a message that applies more to me now as an adult? "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" I am Brave, I am Strong, And I am Smart. And you are too :)
Go forth with confidence!!! That is all :)
Much Love,
Someone who cares
Sorry about the grammar issues :) I will do better editing from now on
ReplyDelete