Sunday, February 2, 2014

Who am I to judge? (Be Vulnerable)

Dear Reader,

Blogging is hard.

I've started so many letters, and I just can't ever decide what is good enough to put out there for everyone to see. And then I realized... I need to embrace vulnerability. I need to put stuff out there and accept any comments that come without fear of people judging me. Everyone judges! All the time. And the internet is just a big judge-fest.

I have a friend who shared a BuzzFeed post about Millie Brown, the girl who starves herself for 2 days... drinks colored milk... pukes it up on canvas... and then calls it art! Though I agree with him that it is art (bizarre art, but art none the less), I still think it is extremely unhealthy and not okay! It is glorifying bulimia, and it's disgusting. There is seriously something wrong with the world, this day in age.

But... I judged her. I don't know who she is and why she does what she does. Maybe it is to get noticed.. and in that case, great job Millie! I know Miley Cyrus has said that the reason she has been doing crazy things is because she wanted her music to be at the top, and now it is, she got what she wanted. Note to self: Don't name my child Miley!  But, none the less, both of these girls were vulnerable, they did what they felt good about, and let the judgement fall where it may. 

I don't want to do crazy things like them, but I do want to be vulnerable, and be all me for everyone to read on this blog, and all me... in life! I want people to know who I am, I want people to know where I come from, and why I am the way I am. No crap. Just all me! 

I want to say thank you to the handsome man I went on a date with the other day. He was vulnerable with me and I was able to open up to him and be myself. It was exactly what I needed and I don't know how I will ever repay him for how much good he did me. My friendship and love will just have to do ;)

Thanks for reading! Til' next time!

Much Love, 
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment