In light of some recent events that have taken place this week, I feel very strongly about some things I just have to share.
I have never been the kind of person who feels like I needed to be perfect all the time. My parents have never made me feel like, if I wasn't perfect then I wasn't good enough. People have always excepted me for who I am. But for me, I have always felt like, if I struggle then there's something wrong with me and people won't love me if I let them know I am hurting on the inside. I struggle to find my place in my own heart.
I struggle to feel beautiful, to feel loved, to feel strong and smart. And if you have ever been around me, you wouldn't be able to tell unless you caught me at a low point. Most of the time I come off as a very confident person, I seem really strong. But, I am good at putting up a front when I want to. Which is most of the time.
I have so much confidence in others, and I am always the supporter in others lives. I love people, so I invest my time in them, and along the way I have sort of forgotten to take a look at my own life and evaluate my problems, my struggles, and the thing I have just sort of looked over. I have never dealt with the things that actually bother me, and that is just not okay.
In the last couple of months it has been really hard for me to keep putting up this front, it's exhausting! Though I have tried hard to be strong for everyone else, I have decided I need to learn to be strong for myself. I know that I am strong, smart, beautiful, and even loved on a daily basis. But, it is more than okay to struggle too. I feel lonely sometimes, but as long as you and I can remember that we are never really alone, things will be okay. Everyone has struggles, and for me a lot of times it feels like I am the only one could really know what I'm going through, but there are so many people out there that are struggling... just like me. None of us are alone. We have each other. We have our Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can ever fathom.
So this is for me and for anyone else who is struggling...
Wether you're struggling on the inside and you've been holding it in for a very long time, or you're struggling with physical things, or even both, life can and will get better. Your situation might not change right now, and may never, but even people who come from the worst situations, can... and have made it to the top. I have faith that no matter how awful I feel on the inside, I can choose to look forward to another day, a better day. Make a resolution everyday to be happy, be confident, and to make choices that will better your life, for you! So that through a happy and successful life, you can touch others lives.
I am not perfect, I am still going to struggle, but I want to be better, and I am going to do everything in my power with a higher power by my side, to be the person I know I can be.
"Far from what I once was, but not yet what I am going to be" -unknown
"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday" -unknown
Sincerely,
Someone who struggles
No comments:
Post a Comment