Dear Reader,
Today, I woke up and I did exactly what I want to do every morning! I was actually awakened by a phone call from my roommate saying, "Go find Sugar Lips, and talk to her!" So I did exactly that, and then after talking with her for a while, I said a morning prayer, read my scriptures, and went back to bed. After a small nap, I woke back up, got ready for work, and for some reason... while I was walking to work, I looked at the sky and thought of how amazing the sky was and I was so grateful that God had given us rain and then an amazing blue sky, I felt an overwhelming love! I felt love for the earth, love for the people in my life, and love from my father in heaven, it was an indescribable experience. I literally felt like my heart was going to explode from all the love I was feeling!
I got to work and things were like always.. sort of unlucky. But it didn't really matter, nothing could bring me down today! Finally when work was over, I realized I would again get to walk another mile home in the amazing weather. What a blessing it is to not have a car on days that are so amazingly beautiful. During my walk home I thought of all the people in my life, and how much I love everyone! I love the people who come to my Sunday School lessons (I really do take time to prepare), my FHE brothers (who are not only handsome, but amazing men), the people that I live with (the most gorgeous woman ever, inside and out), the people that pop in and out of my life, and the people that are always just there for me when I need them. I thought about the things people have done for me, and the way people have been so loving towards me and excepted me for who I am. I am truly blessed and I know God's hand is in my life.
But today... something was different. I felt not the regular love I normally feel, but a love that was so unconditional I couldn't contain it! I was hugging and kissing people (on the cheek) consistently throughout the evening! It was probably creeping people out, but I just felt like I had to. My love for everyone in my life was at an ultimate high. It was great.
I was asked to share a thought for our Monday night activity, and naturally this is what I found, "Your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there." That is the kind of love I felt for everyone today, and I whole heartedly believe that we can all feel that love as we come closer to our Father in heaven.
For anyone who saw me today, you might not have known it, and I might not have outwardly shown it, but I was feeling so much love for you! And even if I didn't see you, know that I love you. If you are reading this, and have read this far, of course I love you, you are reading what I have to say and you matter. If you have had any past experiences with me that weren't the best, forget them! I don't care about anything bad that has happened in the past because the past is exactly that, we need only look back to learn from the past. Stay moving forward to the future, but don't forget to cherish the present, because it is a gift! From now forward I choose to love, and except the sincere love anyone will give me. Being able to love is a gift from God, embrace it!
So much love,
A Daughter of God
No comments:
Post a Comment